Saturday, November 29, 2008

short ver

Watching Judd Apatow movies is a guilty pleasure of mine. So much so that I don't mind saying I preferred Knocked Up over Juno, Mainly because Knocked up wasn't half as pretentious as Juno.

Yesterday, instead of doing my work, I set out to watch Pineapple Express. In the comfort of my own house. No, don't worry, I won't bore you with another review, let me just say that IF you are able to suspend your disbelief for a few scenes, then this movie is awesomely hilarious.

Here's the funny thing, I stopped watching Hindi movies long ago because of their slapstick humor, I preferred the sort of humor that emanated from intelligent conversation you know... basically centered around Irony, cynicism, and absurdity. Now I have come a full circle to a point where I don't mind the wacky humor that Apatow usually addds into his movies, added the fact that his male characters are usually quite well developed, Oh I wonder why he gets the kind of negative reviews he does.

So, this time, I suggest you go watch, and if you don't 'laugh out loud' I will give back your money [just kidding, me is broke nao.]


BTW I listened to GNRs 'Chinese Democracy' and it is no half bad, better than the crap the likes of Metallica and even Blind Melon usually dish out after a large gap.

4 comments:

Slippery Reflections said...

yes! pineapple express is tres goofy but hilarious, exactly what i told future watchers :D

but i can't pick between knocked up and juno. juno was pretentious how?

JerryKantrell said...

Knocked Up all the way ma'am, no doubt in my mind.

Slippery Reflections said...

'juno was pretentious how?' was a question.

JerryKantrell said...

No U.