Saturday, November 29, 2008

short ver

Watching Judd Apatow movies is a guilty pleasure of mine. So much so that I don't mind saying I preferred Knocked Up over Juno, Mainly because Knocked up wasn't half as pretentious as Juno.

Yesterday, instead of doing my work, I set out to watch Pineapple Express. In the comfort of my own house. No, don't worry, I won't bore you with another review, let me just say that IF you are able to suspend your disbelief for a few scenes, then this movie is awesomely hilarious.

Here's the funny thing, I stopped watching Hindi movies long ago because of their slapstick humor, I preferred the sort of humor that emanated from intelligent conversation you know... basically centered around Irony, cynicism, and absurdity. Now I have come a full circle to a point where I don't mind the wacky humor that Apatow usually addds into his movies, added the fact that his male characters are usually quite well developed, Oh I wonder why he gets the kind of negative reviews he does.

So, this time, I suggest you go watch, and if you don't 'laugh out loud' I will give back your money [just kidding, me is broke nao.]


BTW I listened to GNRs 'Chinese Democracy' and it is no half bad, better than the crap the likes of Metallica and even Blind Melon usually dish out after a large gap.

4 comments:

Divya said...

yes! pineapple express is tres goofy but hilarious, exactly what i told future watchers :D

but i can't pick between knocked up and juno. juno was pretentious how?

JerryKantrell said...

Knocked Up all the way ma'am, no doubt in my mind.

Divya said...

'juno was pretentious how?' was a question.

JerryKantrell said...

No U.