Wednesday, January 16, 2008

These aren't a few of my Favorite things.

Generic Indian.

Let us see how close to being a Generic Indian you might be:

1)Favorite actor: Amitabh bachchan
2)Favorite english Novel: Harry Potter\The Fountainhead.
3)Favorite Rock band: Linkin Park\Nirvana
4)Favorite pastime: Eating Out
5)Favorite food(other than Indian): Chinese.
6)Favorite Sportstar: Sachin Tendulkar.
7)Favorite Movie: Lagaan\Rang De Basanti
8)Favorite thing to do on a date: Movie, then eat out.
9)Favorite thing to do with family on weekend: Eating out.
10)Favorite English Song: Hotel California.
11)Hobby\Hobbies: Reading books, listening to music, watching movies.
12)Most Beautiful woman in the world: Aishwarya Rai.
13)Hate: Hypocrisy.
14)motto:'Live life to the fullest' or some crap like that
15)What are you most proud of about India: The Taj Mahal

And the list goes on.
Now be honest with yourself, if you concurred with even 1 of these answers, you have a bit of the Generic Indian gene in you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this post
I relate to 11th, but not the others. So I do have a little generic Indianness in me. But that’s obvious, isn’t it?

I am weird, but I wasn’t thaaaaaat impressed with the taj Mahal. I mean it was nice, beautiful and all. But that’s it. There are equally amazing and beautiful things in India other than the Taj Mahal.
I have never liked AB. He is a very good actor, no doubt, but he is not my fav…
And yeah…Fountain head. You might as well add Alchemist and Five point someone to it.
Do you have anything in common here, at least one point, now come on be honest…

JerryKantrell said...

Hehe, I will be honest, I think the 11th point suits me perfect too, but I like to read people like Dalrymple, Gaimon, Kierkegaard, I watch movies like The Machinist, Dark City, Slacker, Natural Born Killers, Scanner Darkly etc. and music, I listen to mostly Alice in Chains, Dream theater, Shakti, etc so I am an 'Indie' person, I guess it is because of the wonderful company I have kept especially in Eng. College

This sounds like an 'apologia', but is more of a 'polemic', if you know what I mean.
I hope I haven't bored you :(