Sunday, December 02, 2007

ireview

So here is yet another 'review' of this album called Samus Octology by irepress. These guys, to me, are the Dream Theater of Post-rock. A crazy ass drummer, weird time signatures, use of leitmotifs to give it that prog feel, all these combine to give you a listening experience which is quite refreshing, unlike other bands, it is hard to predict where the song goes from a particular progression, something which can easily be done with pop and whatnot.

Intelligent music has its downside too, as not all can appreciate it. To get my point, go to any King Crimson/DT/Rush video on youtube, you will find a lot of comments which are not very sympathetic to the music. There is one consolation though, if you like this sort of music, then, at least you can be sure you are not a mindless drone swaying to the tune of the big record companies. I leave you with a video as has been my practice since the past few posts. This one is of irepress (live)



P.S I joined a facebook group which goes: If 1,000,000 join this group, I will fight a bear. I pity the bear.

-------------------------------

Listening to Start All Over by Kula shaker

If there were no eternal consciousness in a man
If at the bottom of everything there were only a wild ferment
- Fear and Trembling, Soren Kierkegaard

No comments: