Monday, September 07, 2009

JD

you guys know John Denver... Yeah yeah, country roads and all that patriotic humbug. The first time I heard that song was in school in Saudi Arabia. And I would try to imagine what West Virginia looks like because here was a man obviously awestruck by his state [which was located so far away it could as well be on a different planet] This was weird because from my experience, my state be it either Karnataka or AP was quite pale in comparison. We had no awesomely named mountains or rivers with catchy names.

Speaking of rivers; If you go further down the lyrics, you get to a point where he speaks about the 'Shenandoah River' remember???

Well... I swam in it yesterday.

life is strange isn't it?

9 comments:

pavithra muthalagan said...

very cool :)!
...i never thought of that as patriotic. more a love of home. i feel/felt the same way about madras.

JerryKantrell said...

Yeah, you are right. I still think that the guy was a bit melodramatic, even if West Virginia is so very beautiful.

What are you doing these days?

pavithra muthalagan said...

workwork. its all i do. lol now im being melodramatic. its a tuesday. my brain's gone fuzzy.

JerryKantrell said...

not just work but workwork! that must be hectic, no? :D

pavithra muthalagan said...

actually not so much..just a strain on the brain as my boss was on me to come up with 'engaging' concepts. lets just say our brains r not in sync. what are u up to? do you think west virginia is so beautiful?

JerryKantrell said...

yeah it is, these people respect nature here, at least in a few places. The places I saw were in pristine condition.

Varun said...

never been to west virginia , always heard it was good. they made it sound like a racist state during presidential elections on TV.

JerryKantrell said...

It might be man, I never went to any of the cities there, just harper's Ferry which is basically a town that has been turned into a theme museum of sorts.

Anonymous said...

hey man this is dange...
How are you doing there ?
Smoking uo there or what ?
Gimme your email mine is randomchords@gmail.com