Sunday, December 07, 2008

it's a depression, bitches.

Amazon's new Iphone app is hot news these days, by treading on the thin line separating indecency and cheekiness, it involves snapping a picture of an object that you covet

I have been wanting to write this post for a long time now so I said let me post it before I forget completely. My aunt who's been in the US for so long that she looks white, talks like a white person, is married to a white person, holds an American passport; you know the whole deal, now wants to come work in India. Yeah, let me say that again, because the news is a bit funny and might trick you into thinking you misread what was written. She wants to leave her job and come work here, in my India.

Well, you see the point I am trying to bring up, today, concerns the Recession that is on everyone's mind these days. There is no doubt that the world as a whole is in recession, you don't need to be an economist to know that, but it is interesting to note how people were reluctant to call it a recession until it was so fucking obvious that autorickshaw drivers were advising me on it. This I presume is because of the fact that such bad news coming so early during the crisis might have made things even worse than they already were acting as a catalyst to the recession, seeing as how the economy is so dependent on abstract concepts such as perceived risk.

So let me be the first to break the new to you, [however I do agree that this is just irresponsible and immature speculation on my part], that we are in fact at the beginning of not a recession but a depression. Yes folks, you heard it first here. We are in the grasp of a depression, one that repeats itself every few years, laying bare, for the more observant of you, the inherent absurdity and infeasibility of the present monetary system, a system that the majority of the world follows.

Basically, as the cycle of lending and borrowing repeats itself an endless number of times, raising overall debt to laughable levels, we see a savior in the form of an economic depression that says fuck you to this tra-la-la gaylord pre-economic-crisis optimism that infests the zeitgeist before kicking it in the balls sending that bitch and its dyke partner that we call debt, crashing to their knees.

:P

P.S As I write this, I can hear Sha Ruck Khan talking about the recent bombay blasts on TV, like claiming to be a secular muslim automatically turns him into an academic expert on terrorism or something, fuck him, and damn all these worthless news channels that keep calling morons from showbiz to act as experts and\or representatives of the common man. Really, I would rather be hanged drawn and quartered than let someone as insignificant as Shobha De act as my spokesperson.

5 comments:

Varun said...

hey man >(
sharukh khan is a national treasure, OK!

LEAVE SHAHRUKH KHAN ALONE!

JerryKantrell said...

huh ?

Varun is that you ? or has your body been taken over by a hostile life form ?

You'd better be trollin nigga!

JerryKantrell said...

also what distro are you using man ? I just tried simplyMEPIS, gonna check out openSUSE next.

What would you recommend ? UBUNTU ? or perhaps fedora ?

Varun said...

i forgot to add /sarcasm :D

i never heard of simplyMEPIS. is it easy? Ubuntu is good, easy to use in general. But it has made my webcam and Nvidia graphics card useless, i could never figure out driver issues.

all my comp sci friends say openSUSE is the best. i am going to try that too.

JerryKantrell said...

Yeah man, my broadcom wireless turns into a brick, but I hear there are workarounds, that is the main complaint with Linux; driver issues.

simplyMEPIS is easy, it is very lightweight, currently checking out PUPPY, it comes in at 300mb unzipped :o

I am using virtualbox right now, once I finalize what I want, I shall dl the liveCD and install.


what else ? how are things in the youessofay ?