Monday, March 10, 2008

Everyone's problem.

I have been following the US elections since quite a while. I like to read about the various issues that they are faced with and come to an opinion of my own.

But, I must confess trivial problems like Chicago's public transportation nightmare or the pro-life\pro-choice debate hold no interest for me(Although I am pro-choice all the way), I am, however highly interested in what comes out of this debate on banning the burning of their national flag, now we are all aware that this is a freedom that is not allowed in our country, another symptom of what I like to think of as the effect of having not real but pseudo-freedom of speech.

Very succinctly embodied in the following cliche:

You are free to do as we tell you.


It is at times like these that I pause to wonder how the late Bill Hicks could have been so right about every Democracy that man has known till now. The problem plaguing my mind is the fact that there is no foreseeable alternative to this flawed system in sight.

So, I hear that Billary Hillary is for banning 'flag burning', I hope she doesn't end up winning, for that will be yet another defeat for rational thought, another body-blow to Pacifism, and liberalism, etc.-all things that should have been but aren't a staple of modern life.

I could be accused of making a mountain a mountain out of a molehill, after all, not my country, not my problem right ? wrong! this concerns us all.

I believe:

Loss in Freedom = Return to Fascism.

and we don't want that do we ?

--------------------------------

Listening to 'Carry on my wayward son' - Kansas

No comments: