Thursday, July 26, 2007

Update

I see 7 people have voted on my poll.
Well... 6 if you don't consider my vote.
I didn't know so many people read my blog.

Anyway, about the question. I do not remember where I read it, but it is a tool, which is used to illustrate the logical flimsiness of 'ETHICS'and other subjective philosophical topics, the very reason Einstein opted for Physics.

An argument in favor of switching the track is that 5 (or in general; more than the number of people on the safe track) lives are more important than one (or in general; the number of people on the safe track) hence we should switch. In my opinion this is a pragmatic approach, one that I, am not too happy about. I prefer the track to not be switched. The argument in favor of this is that, the one kid who played on the abandoned track had taken care and should not be punished for a mistake he did not commit. This is more consistent with a existential viewpoint, the clarification of which is not within the purview of this measly little, "written in a hurry", "Can talk the talk but can't walk the walk", kind of blog post.

I am however glad to see quite a few who have answered as I have, with a 'NO'

Bought the following:

1) The life and Times of EINSTEIN - Ronald . W. Clark
2) Kant and the Platypus - Umberto Eco
3) The Last Mughal, The Fall of a Dynasty, Delhi 1857 - William Dalrymple


And to top it off, a geek joke.

There are 10 kinds of people.
Those who understand ternary.
Those who dont
And those who mistake it for binary


Here is a new poll. This is fun

2 comments:

ksp said...

Hey Vijeth... thats some good stuff u keep writing man... Generally visited ur blog.

Cheers
KSP

JerryKantrell said...

thanks KSP.
needed that ;)