Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tulu

Hehe

Hehe

Here is a poem I wrote in my mother tongue; Tulu.

Ori aanu ittege
aayeg daala gottitiji
boka era batterge
akulenu toodu umbe paarye

translated, it goes:

There once was a boy, it seems,
He didn't know anything
then, someone came, it seems,
Seeing them, he ran away.

Okay, that must be the best tulu poem published online in a long long time, where are my accolades ? I wouldn't even mind a beer :D

------------------

Listening to 'Orestes' - A Perfect Circle

2 comments:

Nithinkrishna Shenoy said...

pada masth shok undu! :)

What does it signify? The boy running away from the hardships in his life?

JerryKantrell said...

no man, running away from something 'good', which will make him dependent on that 'good' thing forever.
(Actually I made this up, I just tried to make the poem as absurd as possible without it sounding like Jabberwocky, in reality, I just wrote the first thing that came to mind, there might be scope for some freudian analysis on this one)