Saturday, March 08, 2008

IWD

I know that this must be strange coming from a guy who works for an organization that is geared exclusively towards the uplifting of women and the girl child, and that this article's (superficially) sexist tone might piss you off, but this is what I feel, and I don't want to hide this from anyone.

It is women's day, and the media are abuzz with articles on women.
This is great!
I believe in egalitarianism and think very lowly of a state or entity which isn't.

It is quite clear that women are EQUAL to men and vice-versa(obviously).

BUT, looking at the general tone of what is being said or written on papers, TV , the internet, I feel that it is less about Equality than it is about Superiority. Women's superiority that is.

Reminds me of a situation involving a certain Teutonic man who once had a similar notion regarding his own race's superiority over a certain people.

That is it.

Don't like what I have written ? Please feel free to insult me using the 'comments'

---------------------------

Listening to 'Angry Chair' - AiC

2 comments:

Ritesh Ranjan said...

Agreed.....i feel "uniqueness" should be outcome of the mad quest of comparing the 2 genders.....bear with my english, but i m sure u got what i mean

JerryKantrell said...

yeah I do.