Sunday, October 07, 2007

Vatchmen.

Sorry about the title, just finished reading Alan Moore's watchmen. Needed an excuse to write that somewhere.

Its now been over a month since I left my lame ass job as a "generic" software programmer. I am not getting any preparation done for neither the CAT nor my GMAT. I surf the net and read random articles on Wikipedia the whole day. I was hoping to write an article a day on this blog but I seem to be manifesting symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Now !, after having left the profession known for causing this, as a result I am typing this post entirely with my left hand. I am in the process of buying my fourth guitar through a friend who is in California right now. An ESP-LTD Alexi-600. I just cannot wait to get my hands on her!. Haha sounds like something a character on Frank Miller's Sin City would say. I love the high contrast artwork in it. The movie wasn't half bad too. And with Brittany Murphy, Carla Gugino, Rosario Dawson, Alexis Bledel and the cutest Japanese-American chick I've seen: Devon Aoki, making up the cast, It is a treat for the eyes on 2 levels. And with Quentin Tarantino chipping in albeit for a single scene...You know they couldn't have gone wrong. It doesn't pretend to be smarter than it really is, and with Frank Miller himself co-directing it, it retains the essence of the original comic. Must see, though it is quite old (2005)

Speaking of Japan, I went there a few years ago, was there for a few days, Tokyo is very nice, the people are a bit reserved, but I had expected that, but the city itself is amazing, its so clean, you could choose a spot on the road and eat food off of it. Almost. Went up to Mt Fuji. Traveled by the famous 'bullet train' and you know, generally behaved like a tourist. I almost fell in love with one of our tour guides, She was one of 3 people I heard who spoke English there. A funny thing I saw there was when we got out one night for a walk after dinner, we saw this whole army of people and machines arrive, they promptly got to work, dug up a sizable portion of the road, laid something and covered it all back within an hour. One hour man. It may be no big deal for someone from a civilized country, but here the same thing would take about 6-8 months. It would cause an accident or two while in progress. Claim a few lives, require protests from local residents in the paper and only then would the work be completed. And promptly a week later the monsoon rain will wash away whatever they had done. Its funny, you gotta love this country for all it's faults.

Well that is the end of this update, my left hand is feeling tired and Its 3:30 AM so this is: I, signing off.

I imagine that my next post will be a critique of the so called booming Indian software industry, I hope that, that will be an article of better quality then what I usually write.

Here is nice snap from Astronomy Picture Of the Day
It is a snap taken on the surface of the moon by the Opportunity Rover. This is not a computer simulation ,though the colors are exaggerated. Here it is below for you to see:



But I strongly recommend visiting that wonderful site (Astronomy Picture of the day, the link given above), It never ceases to amaze me and I bet that it will do the same for you, It makes you feel like when you were a kid, when everything seemed so mysterious.

For all those politicians who have kept this country in the Dark ages, a fitting motto for thy:

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil"

-(Richard III (play) 1.3.336-38) William Shakespeare

No comments: