Friday, October 12, 2007

quis custodiet ipsos custodes (English Title: Who will Watch the Watchmen ?)

I wrote two drafts before finally deciding on this post. One involved some astronomy, and the other was a guide to writing in Chuck Palahniuk's minimalist style. I then scrapped both of them in favor of this one. I want to write about something I feel strongly about. And this desire overcame that ever so sensible voice in my head which went "Man! Don't rake up a controversy, you can't control man"

Disclaimer: The author of this post makes no claim regarding the authorship of this post[sic], although this is clearly contradicted by the opening lines of both: this and the previous paragraph, Also, I will cut your mic volume if you come too close to the truth like a certain MR.O'Reilly whom I am sure all of you know, does. The Author also specifies that he is NOT an expert of any kind, he does not even know "The back of his hand" like the back of his hand. In fact he just likes to pull things out of his ass. However most of what he writes from here on end, is factual or at least perceived to be so. If some one decides to confront the author for something\anything\everything expressed here, he will deny all existence of this blog post, claim it is a conspiracy by the government aided by alien technology to discredit him and his ongoing crusade against the media and its insistence at showing people 'playing' the guitar by just holding it up and placing their hands somewhere near the frets, while furiously shaking the guitar around.

Phew, glad I got all the "legal" issues out of the way and any issues\disputes will be dealt with by my lawyer, So here it is:

We have all heard conspiracy stories regarding JFK and his unfortunate assassination, but most of the guys who believe this are branded as 'kooks', but here is a list that Bertrand Russel himself came up, regarding doubts he had about the whole official theory. Betrand Russel's 16 Questions I am not saying this proves anything, all I say is: think about it.
Do you think the official story is always the right story ?

In India, which has a multi-party system, you can clearly make out while reading a newspaper, which political party, the paper shares its Ideology with. I am always aware of the bias this fact tends to bring into the reporting. Just because it is the government, it does not mean that they always tell the truth, in fact there would be reason enough to believe that they would be in the best position to lie to us plus they'd have the mens rea to want to do such a thing. So how do you get the unbiased news ? There is no such thing as unbiased news (or bad publicity or a free lunch. or even 'my lawyer' ).
Do you believe everything your government says ?

So I hear a lot of Americans saying: "The whole world hates us". (After 9\11 )I don't know about the rest of the world, but I do not hate Americans, I just dislike their government, just as I dislike my own country's government, just as I dislike all governments, which I feel are tangible proof for the adage: Power Corrupts. I am not advocating Anarchy but just because it might prove to be difficult to implement.
Do you think your government does only whats best for you ?

Government surveillance of private lives ? The part about implanting RFID chips in humans ?
The part about it being alright to torture your enemy ? That is freaking scary and WRONG. Søren Kierkegaard says dread is the knowledge of knowing what it takes for you to be free. I am not talking about freedom as in the oft discussed 'freedom' from a legal perspective, I am talking about something far more profound. It is a freedom from your own thoughts of self-perceived(or otherwise) restriction. Take the leap of faith, live like you want to live, and not like how they would like you to live it. Destroy that dread by satiating it.

Man, that was a heavy, heavy post.

P.S
I reiterate once again that this is not my work and I think it is a load of baloney. In fact this does not exist. It is a figment of your atrophying imagination. Go fly a kite or something.

And to end it all:

Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born,
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.

Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night.

We are led to believe a lie
When we see not thro' the eye,- William Blake in Auguries of innocence

----------------
Now playing: I Hope this post doesn't stir up a hornet's nest
via FoxyTunes

No comments: